United Kingdom (UK) is one of the top most destinations in the world that has provided effective employment opportunities for various clients. This has led to a large scale migration of educated professionals from different corners of the globe in search of effective employment and business opportunities.
For married couples migrating into the country, it is quite important to get the marriage certificate legalized by an Apostille. By getting the marriage certificate legalized, it helps to avail different legal services such as Family Visa, Residence Permit etc.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR ATTESTATION OF MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IN UK?
Some of the basic steps that are initiated for authorizing a marriage certificate in UK are as follows.
- Initially the documents have to be legally translated into the official language of the nation.
- The document is then notarized by a Notary Public which helps in verifying the authenticity of the document.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (FCO) then legalizes the document before submitting it to the Embassy.
- The final step involves legalization by Embassy which is also known by the name Consular Attestation.
BENEFITS OF ATTESTING MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IN UK
Some of the common benefits of attesting Marriage Certificate in UK are as follows
- Applying for dual citizenship
- Applying for Family Visa
- Purchase/Selling of Property with spouse
- Settlement of Property affairs